FACE THE FUTURE

I have recently started a new interior design project for a pop-up information centre that will look at the issues surrounding the future of the cosmetics industry. The project brief was broad so I could decide my own topic and I picked this subject because it is something I am really interested in. 

Cosmetic surgery is everywhere now and the beauty industry is a multi-billion pound business. However, many people are not fully aware of just how dangerous this surgery can be and of the lasting effects it can have on your body. The aim is to take a futuristic 'blue-sky' outlook on the project and provide people with information on non-invasive beauty procedures using new and safe technologies.

Whilst researching, I discovered an editorial by Steven Meisel for Vogue Italia entitled 'Face the Future'. It features some extreme facial makeovers and explores the idea that in the future, everyone will become plastic and expressionless in the desire for the 'perfect face'.

Watch the film below - creepy but brilliant to see.


Some shots from the editorial:








No comments:

Post a Comment